REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: Everyone must submit a copy of Form
DD 214 OR Discharge (either your own or your family member who served)
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. APPLICATION. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application:
3. Membership Dues Payment. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to American Legion Post 28.
DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. With the recent passing of the American Legion Act, Congress has reduced the number of eligibility periods from seven to two. They are April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 and Dec. 7, 1941 and continuing. No other restrictions are changed.
Membership eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between the dates stated above.
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form
b. Copy of DD214 or discharge
c. Copy of membership dues
You must pay membership dues for the cvurrent year if you have not already paid. If your current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
For any questions, please contact our membership chairman, Dan Dedeo.